Answered By: Jones Media Center Last Updated: Jul 24, 2017 Views: 33
Many of these videos are hosted by publishers on their website, so we may not be able to control or improve the experience. However, if you have trouble with playback, we would recommend the following:
- If using WiFi, switch to a wired connection for best performance.
- Reduce the number of applications running on your computer to free up memory.
- Some hosted videos still use Flash media player for playback. Many web browsers now block Flash content by default, so the best choice may be to use Firefox as the browser. Also, make sure your Flash player is up-to-date.
- Since some content relies on Flash media player, you may not be able to watch on mobile devices, such as cell phones and tablets.
- Finally, campus network traffic peaks in the afternoon, which could also reduce performance when accessing off-site content. Try to access the content again in the evening or early morning.
These guidelines pertain primarily to videos accessed via the Library catalog, not via Canvas for course reserves. Please try these steps, but let us know if you still have problems with video playback.